Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy Saturday!

Ah, Saturday, not quite as lazy a day as Sunday, but still a nice break from the busy week.

Today, we are home from Mount Pleasant, visiting our families.  Yay!  Last time we were home it was the weekend before Dress for Dead Man's Cell Phone, now, it's the week before Into the Woods Dress.  But, this trip home is happier - not that the last one was sad - but this time we are going to see Zack's first game officially on the BRHS Varsity Hockey Team!  It's not a season game, it's a controlled scrimmage.

You may be asking yourself, what the hell is a controlled scrimmage?  Don't worry, I didn't know either until this morning.  In a controlled scrimmage, each team gets a period to pick something they want to work on and then just play a period straight out.  It should be interesting, because if one team decides to work on their power play, the other team has to play down a man the whole period.  I think it should be very interesting.

I must also pause here to tell you how proud I am of Zack.  He made the varsity squad for hockey after he ran his personal best in cross country regionals last week.  YAY!  Ok, now you know I'm very proud of my baby brother, who really isn't a baby anymore, more like, a giant force to be reckoned with.

Anyway, this weekend should be fun, even though I have an exam on Monday.  It started off pretty well, Central beating Western for another year in a row (HAHA! We suck less this year!), Ferris Beat #1 Miami OH in hockey and the Red Wings won!  Oh, yeah... good sports times....

I don't really have much else than that. I'm going to have a great weekend at home than kick the rest of the semester's ass! HAHA!  At least, I will until Thanksgiving, then I will take those four glorious days to do nothing school related and I won't be blogging either.  You have been warned.

Note to self: don't forget apple pie, sweet rolls and apples with caramel dip for Thanksgiving (sorry, imaginary friends, you don't have to remember that, but I do!)  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

breylee {rocksinajar.com} said...

Zack is in high school?!? When did that happen? Oh my goodness, Jenny, we are all growing up too fast! I guess I should be getting used to it by now, Nate is going to be 21 in 9 days. Oh dear...

Unknown said...

@Aubrey LeeAnn Yeah, he is! He's a sophomore... he turned 16 in September. Matthew turned 21 last April.

We are old! (But still completely awesome!)