Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 19: What Do You Think of Religion? Or What Do You Think of Politics?

I think that everyone has their own beliefs about religion and politics and I believe everyone deserves to have their own opinions.

As for religion, I was brought up United Methodist and I have my own opinions that I have formed later.

I personally believe in a higher being and I think that higher being put us here and let us run amok as a giant scientific experiment.

Politics, I was brought up to think for myself and I am very socially liberal and fiscally conservative.  I am not trying to start arguments, but that's what I believe.  And I will be more than happy to have a nice calm debate, but any irrationality, attacking or "shouting" will not be published in the comments.  And if we are debating face to face I will walk away the second you start to attack me for my beliefs.

Religion and Politics, ah hot button issues....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could elaborate more on fiscally conservative? I don't really understand what your beliefs are in that area. I mean, I understand, but I don't know what conservatives believe in that sense.

Unknown said...

@mrhatz I believe in balancing the budget. That's my main point. However, there are times that I think the government needs to go into debt to help the people. What the Bush Administration did was so far off of fiscal conservatism it makes my brain hurt. It's a little murky for me in some places, but I generally believe that if I have to balance my budget, so should they.

Unknown said...

@mrhatz Also, when I use the reply button when I reply to your comments, do you get an email or do you have to keep checking back?