Sunday, November 21, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 23: Something You Wish You Had Done In Your Life

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm not really old enough to have any true regrets of things I have or have not done.

But!  I do wish that I had been more active growing up.  Not necessarily in team sports, but in general, to take care of myself at a younger age and be healthier and fitter (is that a word?).  I think if I had gotten into a routine earlier in life it would be easier now.  Being healthy is hard.  But I also wouldn't have the same appreciation if I didn't have to work so hard at it.  Except, being healthy makes me tired, everything that I have to do.  Work out for at least an hour a day/six days a week.  Precisely measuring every portion size, counting points and sometimes restricting myself even if I really want pizza from Jet's (1 pepperoni slice = 7 points) or an Italian Night Club from Jimmy John's (one entire sub = 23.5 points, the Vito = 13.5 points)

And ice cream!  I love ice cream, but 1/2 cup of regular ice cream is 6 points!!  Thank God for Kroger Deluxe Ice Cream Light (3 points for 1/2 cup).  I mean, who eats only a 1/2 cup of ice cream at a time!?

Anyway, I am tired and I am going to bed.  Go vote for The Williamston in the Pepsi Refresh Project!

2 comments:

Katri said...

I'm so in the same boat, I'm not trying to lose weight but I'm trying to get a bit healthier and have more movement in my life, but I just really, really hate most kinds of exercise and sports. I was really bad at running when I was little, so that probably had an effect on it because my "friends" were always teasing me for being so slow... My muscles get tired so easily it's not even funny, but I've never been able to make myself stick to any kind of exercise routine or anything, because I just find it really boring. Got any ideas?

Unknown said...

@Katri I am really liking P90X, but it's very time consuming and with the end of the semester roaring up quickly and Everyman rehearsals, I don't really have enough time to stay on it steady. It's really good though, keeps you going and Tony (the host) seems really natural and normal and not the ditzy, overly peppy blonde that usually does a work out video. So try P90X! I also bike with Adam a lot during the warmer months. And right now, the choreography for some of the scenes for Everyman are killer!