Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 6: Something You Hope You Never Have To Do

I have no children yet. But from the post "things I hope to do in my life," you know I want them. And from that, I hope I never, ever have to bury a child.

I have been fortunate enough to have little loss in my life thus far. I remember one great-grandparent and her loss, my great Aunt Mary, Touchdown and Benz. I still have all four of my grandparents, my parents and siblings. And now I have this whole extra extended family I married into and care about.

Loss is an inevitable part of life, and unfortunately, when you care about a lot of people you will lose some of them. And it sucks. But I pray and hope and beg and ask and beseech and any other words that you can think of, that I never have to experience the terrible loss of a child, in anyway.

2 comments:

breylee {rocksinajar.com} said...

Jenny, I honestly feel like we are the same person sometimes. I saw the title of this post on facebook and before this page had even loaded, I knew my answer only answer was "bury a child".

Unknown said...

@Aubrey LeeAnn It's really nice to know we still have that close connection even though we haven't seen each other in forever. :-)