Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 24: Make a Playlist to Someone, and Explain Why You Chose All the Songs

Five years and about four months ago, I met a boy.  His name was Adam.  He was cute, funny, smart and older.  About one month after we were officially dating, it was Sweetest Day.

This was the only time that I have truly celebrated Sweetest Day.  It was a week after Adam told me he loved me, but I had been planning this longer than that.  I love to plot and plan surprises, and at the time I had the money to spend to be able to surprise him.  So, at the time Adam was renting from his parents and I borrowed the extra key from his Dad, and on Saturday morning of Sweetest Day I got up really early and snuck in to the house and made him a surprise breakfast.  Pancakes, bacon, sausage and eggs.  I brought juice and made him a mixed CD for us to listen to while we ate.  I was trying to be really quiet, but the smells of yum and light scrapings woke him up; he's a light sleeper.  So, he came down before breakfast was ready, but he was still surprised.  I also gave him my class ring to wear that day (he had lost his but found it two years later.)  It's one of my favorite memories of us from early in our relationship.

But in line with today's topic, here is the list of the songs from the CD I made him for Sweetest Day.  Needless to say, they are all sappy romantic songs...

Adam's Sweetest Day Mix

1. I'll Be - Edwin McCain (which eventually became our song and was our first dance at our wedding)
2. I Swear - the country version, not the All4One version because I couldn't remember who did it first
3. Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
4. Long, Slow Kisses - Jeff Bates
5. Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Frankie Valli
6. That's What She Gets For Loving Me - Brooks and Dunn
7. Because You Loved Me - Celine Dion
8. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
9. God Blessed the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
10. Have I Told You Lately - Rod Stewart
11. I'll Go On Loving You - Alan Jackson
12. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
13. I'll Be There For You - Bon Jovi
14. Amazing Grace - Celine Dion

Of course, it was after this that I found out that Adam doesn't really like country.  But, he still loved the CD and the surprise. :-D

No comments: