Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted

When I first looked at the title for today this morning, I couldn't think of anyone particular off of the top of my head.  But as I was walking home from Costume Shop and Pita Pit this evening, I had some time to really think about it.

Every year, for as long as I can remember, my family and I have gone on vacation in August, just before school starts up again.  We go to this little campground called PH Hoeft State Park outside of a tiny town called Rogers City in Northern Michigan.  And every year for a number of years we would see another family and all of us kids would play together.  As we grew up, and as our schedules would change when we would go, we didn't see them as often and now we never see them.  Unfortunately, I have kind of stopped wondering if we'll see them there.

We had a lot of fun for those two weeks-ish every year.  We would play cards, run around, ride bikes, play capture the flag, run around the natural forts and just be kids.  Even as we became teens we would still chill out together and have a great time.  There were attempts to keep in touch over the year until the next summer, but it never seemed to work.  I regret this so much, and I can't find them on Facebook, even though I have tried.  And all I can remember is that their parents owned a Sporting Goods store and that their first names were Sam, Chris and Sarah.  I also remember Sam's last name, but in the sake of her privacy, I won't put it here.  All of the rest of the info should be enough for them to be able to know that it's me and them and try and contact me, if they want.

I hope that eventually, we'll re-connect, I don't want to let go completely.

No comments: