Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wove, Twue Wove...

This, dear readers, is my dearest, darling husband of mine.


He is a wonderful husband.


I love him a lot, and there's nothing I like more than to snuggle up with him and talk about our days and our future.

But those of you who share a bed with your spouse/partner will know, sometimes, it gets rough at night.  We have been sharing a bed for about 2 years now and when we first moved in together, we shared the bed we bought together peacefully.  We would snuggle before we dropped off to sleep, then in our sleep we would roll apart and have plenty of space for us to sleep, roll over, whatever.

Do you like my teddy bear? I've had him since I was born!

There have been night time adventures in that time, where one of us would be talking in our sleep and wake the other one up.  For example, I woke up one night to laughter. Which isn't a big deal, unless it's 3:30 in the morning.  Which it was.  

Honey?

{laughter}

Baby, are you awake?

{more laughter}

What is so funny?

{laughs harder} The trees!!

What's so funny about the trees?

They're inside out! {continues laughing}

The trees are inside out?

YES! {laughter continues}

Oooookaaaay.... go back to sleep babe.

{laughs quieter}


On another occasion there was something about a basket of cheese, but I don't remember exactly what that was about.  These are fine and they make great anecdotes the next day (or several months down the road).  But then, when the night time adventures get physical, that's when they get to be a annoying.


Exhibit A: I get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, come back and Adam is sprawled in the middle of the bed, so that I can't get in it.  I nudge him and get him to move, but he is very grouchy when this happens.  He doesn't remember it the next day, but he certainly makes a fuss when I push him out of the way.


Exhibit B: I don't even get up to go to the bathroom, I wake up simply because I am about to fall out of bed because somebody has been slowly encroaching on my side of the bed all night.  I push him until he moves, but again is very grouchy and, once again does not remember this in the morning.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/mba0485l.jpg

Exhibit C: WE AREN'T EVEN ASLEEP YET! He's in the middle of the bed with his leg and foot stretched all the way across to the corner on my side of the bed.  Hmmmm..... me thinks I smell a rat!

http://images.veer.com/PIMG/OCP0024351_P_Man-Sprawled-Across-Bed-with.jpg

This has only been happening since we moved to Lansing, so I don't know if it's this psychological thing because of the move or if our bed is on an invisible incline that causes him to do this. But I had to tell Adam last night, very seriously, that I love him, but if he doesn't stop encroaching on my side of the bed I'm going to push him off of his side!

Maybe if we push the bed against the wall....

Or get him one of these:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50270_129363138178_850893_n.jpg

How do you deal with a sleeper creeper?

No comments: