Friday, May 6, 2011

Why Not Us?

As you all probably have figured out by now, I am a huge Detroit Red Wings Fan.  And as I write this, I am watching my boys fight for breath in the Stanley Cup Playoffs against the San Jose Sharks.

I follow the Detroit Red Wings on Twitter and they asked for motivational videos.  I, of course, tweeted back with this:


and a fantastic re-speeching (I didn't know what else to call it) done by the cutest five-year-old!


He watched Miracle so many times he had the speech memorized!  And he's so freaking cute.

Anyway, as a part of their motivational movement, they started a hash tag, #whynotus because the (1-0 Detroit) Wings have never, in franchise history, come back from an 3-0 deficit in the playoffs.

This season is special.  It's the 20th season in a row that Detroit has made the playoffs.  20 seasons straight.  Since I was four.  (yes, I'll be 24 at the end of the month)

So let me say this to you, my wonderful, talented, hardworking Red Wings.

I believe in you.  You have won four Cups in my lifetime.  You can make it five.

When you first signed Datsyuk, my Dad and brothers didn't think he was very good, didn't think he'd be able to hack it in the NHL.  I believed in him, he was my instant favorite, right behind (2-0 Detroit) Yzerman and when Stevie retired, he became my #1 man.

I admit there are and have been players that I haven't particularly liked, but I refuse to abandon my Wings.

You guys are rocking it out so far this game.

Be the first.  Come from behind.

I'll be here, on my couch, in the stands, for years to come.


Wearing my gear.  Loving my Wings.

Why. Not. You.

Even if you lose tonight, I will throw my wings up at graduation tomorrow.



GO WINGS.

http://thejacketsblog.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/det.png?w=300&h=300

No comments: