Monday, May 23, 2011

For the Love of Cake

Today is my Daddy's birthday.

We celebrated his birthday this weekend, on Sunday.  But on Friday, I made a cake.


With concentrated gel food dye.


Don't worry, I dropped my wedding rings off for a cleaning, check up and re-dipping.  I didn't lose them.


The concentrated gel did fun things to my fingers.  And my icing bag.  And my counter.  And my mixing bowl.


It turned them pink.  Everything is returning to it's normal color, but I've had pink tinged hands all weekend....  and I need to drink more water, my hands are so swollen!

I really wanted to make this cake, though.  My sketch turned out better than the actual cake, but, I still like it a lot.


And my Dad did, too.  Even though he called it a loser cake since the Wings got knocked out in the second round of the playoffs.



Happy Birthday Daddy!

Love,
Your Little Girl

No comments: