Friday, May 6, 2011

Easy A

To those I've met since I changed my major to Theatre (Interpretation and Dance):

Thank you.

Thank you for everything I've learned from you all.  Whether they were good things, or bad, I learned a lot in the last year and a half.  About myself, about theatre - on stage and back stage, about CMU and so many other things.

As I look to graduation tomorrow, I know that changing my major was the best decision I ever could have made.  I have met so many wonderful people, people who have changed me forever.

To my professors, Dr. C, Keeley, Jill, Annette, Lauren, Jim, Doris.  Thank you, I have learned loads from you.  Thank you for your patience and willingness to teach me.  And for those of you whom I had this semester, thank you for allowing me to do what I needed to while my Mom was so very sick.

To the other staff and faculty that I worked with on various productions, thank you for teaching me and allowing me the opportunity to work on those shows and build my resume.  A special thanks to Ann, Doris, Joanna, Catherine and Katie for all that I learned working in the costume shop during Into the Woods.  That was the longest, horrible-est photo call.  Awful.  And another to Neil for casting me in Everyman.

I wish you all the best in your futures, and I hope that we get to work together again.

And thank you to my husband and my family and friends for all of your support through all of the years, not just the last year and a half.

This has been anything but an Easy A.

P.S. Hey Kat, let's go get our B.S.s in Make Believe and Dress Up!!

No comments: