Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

For Momma's Day this year, I made cakes.

After what we've been through this year, we are extra, extra, extra thankful for our moms this year.  And all of our family, really.

So, to celebrate, I made cakes, one for each mom.

This is my Mom's cake:



Complete with my parents' crazy dog, TJ chasing a baseball!

And this is my Mother-in-Law's cake:



This got decorated really, really quickly, while everyone was at my apartment because the pan arrived at 12:15p or so on Saturday.  1 hr 45 min before everyone was due to arrive at our apartment.  Not enough time to bake, cool and decorate a cake properly.  But it turned out cute.  I was hoping to make the coloring the same as Shelton the Sheltie, but all shelties are colored differently, so this one would do.

Both cakes were a big hit.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out :)

Happy Mother's Day to my Mom, my mother-in-law, Ellen, all of my grandmas and aunts - I love you all.  Also, to all of the mothers out there, especially the ones who are often forgotten on today.  Mothers who are of the foster, adoptive and any other variety than the conventional version, you deserve a happy, relaxing day too.

Now go hug your mom!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: