Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 5: Something You Hope To Do In Your Life

Kids, Theatre, ASL interpreting and Travel.

That is not the order that those things will come in, but those are all things I'd like to do in my life. I also might try and write a book. I'm writing a play script now and that's rough going - but I think that's harder than writing a book. Unless you're adapting a book to a script, that might be easier - I don't know, I've never tried. But it must be fun to adapt a book, it's done all the time for musicals, other straight plays (Three Musketeers, The Count of Monte Cristo) and movies (Harry Potter anyone?)

What is with me? I cannot write without having at least one tangent that is mostly unrelated to what I set out to write!

Anyway, where was I? Oh, right, babies. Adam and I want kids. We are not going to have them now, no way! We aren't ready and we wouldn't be able to support them financially. Just our luck, with our first pregnancy we'd get twins. We'd like to have a boy and a girl, but we won't keep having kids if we don't get at least one of each, we'll adopt whatever gender we don't have.

Theatre is fun, I love it, I enjoy it and I have a passion for it. I will continue to be involved in it as long as I am breathing.

Right now, I am sure of one thing in my future (besides Adam). I will be pursuing ASL interpreting licensure. I love to communicate in sign and if it turns out one or more of my children are Deaf, fine. We are prepared.

Travel. This is one of the things that is making us hold back on babies for awhile. We both want to travel the world and that gets A LOT harder when you have children. And more expensive. And we'd rather just travel ourselves first. It is startling to think that at this time 23 years ago, my Mom was pregnant with me and was roughly the same age I am now. Yikes.

There are so many other little things I'd like to do in my life. Maybe I should start a Bucket List....

--

That's it for today peeps, I hope you enjoyed the blogging blitz. Have a safe and Happy Halloween and I'll see you on Monday!

2 comments:

LabGirl said...

I love how in Improv you said, and I quote: "I'd be totally psyched if I had a deaf kid!!" Even with that information, you reacted very realistically in the clinic!!! Great job!

Unknown said...

@LabGirl Thanks :) It was a little difficult to approach the session from the frightened angle, but I'm glad I pulled it off. :D