Monday, October 25, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 1: Something You Hate About Yourself

A lot of bloggers are doing the 30 Days of Truth. This is where every day a blogger answers a preset question(s), which are listed at the bottom of this post. So, I am jumping on the bandwagon - WOO. Basically, when I have nothing that I can think of to write, you will see one of these posts.

Oh, look! One of those posts! The only thing really interesting that happened today was that we had Chinese for dinner - thrilling right? Soooooooo...... here's Day 1! Oh, and give some love to Wide Lawns, she went in to get induced tonight - Congrats to the Wide Lawns family on the new arrival!

----

Day 1: Something You Hate About Yourself

If someone had asked me this question in high school, I probably could have listed something wrong with every part of me and gone on for days. Now, it's a little harder - mostly because I have better self esteem than I ever did in high school - but there are still things that bug the crap out of me.

My metabolism. Before, I would have simply said "my weight." But it's more than that. I have a slower metabolism and a thing for baking/eating sweet stuff - not a good combo. But I can't control my metabolism and I try to let my frustrations with it go. I also don't want to stop cooking yummy things!! I just have to try and make the yummies as healthy as I can, but sometimes it just isn't possible. This is when I eat some of my weekly points and workout a little longer. I was most frustrated with this last March (2010) just before I joined Weight Watchers when I had been working out for 3 months, watching what I ate and had managed to gain 20 lbs. I was PISSED.

My belly fat. I hate my belly fat. Period. It takes no explanation.

Next up on the hate parade is my inability, in some situations, to keep my mouth shut and let people finish. I have been working on this, but I HATE that I just can't seem, in some situations, to let people finish. It's like I have a contest with myself to see if I can guess what they are going to say next or something. AND IT HAS TO STOP. I know it annoys the people this applies to and it annoys me. Frick on sticks!

And lastly, despite my good self esteem, I just can't seem to stand up for myself enough. I think about what I could say to certain people who tread on me, but I just never seem to do it when I need too. Some of you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. I just don't want to come across as a bitch, but I also don't want be a doormat. Screw that. I am too amazing for that crap. (Humble, right?)

On that note, I have come to the end of the things I hate about myself. At least, these are the ones that I can think of. And if I only hate four things about myself, I'm doing pretty good for a human, don'tcha think?

----

30 Days of Truth

Day 1 - Something you hate about yourself
Day 2 - Something you love about yourself
Day 3 - Something you have to forgive yourself for
Day 4 - Something you have to forgive someone for
Day 5 - Something you hope to do in your life
Day 6 - Something you hope you never have to do
Day 7 - Someone who has made your life worth living for
Day 8 - Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit
Day 9 - Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted
Day 10 - Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know
Day 11 - Something people seem to compliment you the most on
Day 12 - Something you never get compliments on
Day 13 - A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days (write a letter.)
Day 14 - A hero that has let you down (letter)
Day 15 - Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it
Day 16 - Someone or something you definitely could live without
Day 17 - A book you’ve read that changed your views on something
Day 18 - Your views on gay marriage
Day 19 - What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 - Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 - (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 - Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life
Day 23 - Something you wish you had done in your life
Day 24 - Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 - The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 - Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 - What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 - What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 - Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 - A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

Thanks to Eleni Zoe from Hope Dies Last for the full list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even mind coming across as a bitch, I wish I did! My problem is just that I start crying easily when I'm angry, so I can't properly stand up for myself because I have to go hide in the bathroom...

Unknown said...

@thecatwithglasses


I have the same problem! I don't like that I can't control my crying in those situations either....

Anonymous said...

It makes me really happy that you don't have much that you hate about yourself. I think you should have good self-esteem, and I'm so happy that you do. :)

Oh, this is Chelsey Coleman, by the way.