Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sanity and Politics - Ha! If Only...

I believe in rational discussion of the issues. And, especially this close to the election, this seems to no longer possible in American politics. I don't know if you've noticed, but with the arrival of so-called "Tea partiers" on the political scene there has been a lot more yelling and dirty politics. (I'm tired of the hate mail coming to my house from the MRP - take me off your mailing list, you lost my vote long ago, at the first piece of attack ad mail we got. I have not received a single piece of mail from the MDP.)

I know that we have "hot-button" issues, but there is NO reason why those can't be discussed rationally. So, in support of sanity in politics, watch the Rally to Restore Sanity going on now on Comedy Central online (no commercials and uncensored - not for little ears!) or on cable (has commercials and is censored).

And then have a rational discussion about the issues (in the comments or in person with someone who disagrees with you) and GO VOTE on Tuesday Nov. 2.

Also, I wish I could embed the video but I can't figure out how to do it....

No comments: