Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 13 - I don't start on Day 1

No, you aren't seeing things, this is the first post, but it's day 13 for me on P90X doing the Lean program. For me, Saturdays are Kenpo X and I love it. Kenpo X is P90X's name for kickboxing, not sure why...

Anyway, Kenpo X is a lot of fun and if you have any pent up anger or anything, it's definitely the way to go. I've tried to put a finger on exactly why I like it so much - but I can't. All I can tell you is that I am excited to work out on a Saturday. Normally, in the past with other workouts (e.g. the gym), I would find excuses to not to work out. The weather sucks. I'm tired. I have too much homework. AKA, I was lazy. (And I still am) But KenpoX is so much fun I love to work out on Saturday mornings.

Thank God my rest day is Sunday, I don't think there is anything fun enough to make me want to work out on Sunday. Come on, even God rested on the seventh day. (Even though it's day 14 for me tomorrow.)

I also weigh in on Saturdays. Because way before I started P90X, I joined Weight Watchers. And not because Jennifer Hudson started doing it - I pre-dated her, HA. Sorry, anyway, I quit going to the meetings because I, a broke college student who is married to another broke college student, couldn't afford the monthly/weekly fees. And it seemed frivolous to spend that money there when I could use it to save for Study Abroad for next semester. (I'm only going for a week, like I could afford to Study Abroad for a semester. Pfft.) I'm still following the Weight Watchers program however. I track my points and exercise, etc. It's so easy, why wouldn't I?

Now, you're probably thinking to yourself, "Jenny, if you wanted to save money for Study Abroad, why would you buy P90X? That is really expensive and broke college kids can't afford it." Well, this is where my mad baking skillz come in. A friend of mine was in a car accident a year ago and was told she would never walk again. She told the doctors, and I quote, "F*ck that, I'm walking again." And she is. But, because of that accident, she can't do P90X. So, in trade for the DVDs, I baked her some apple pie - YUM. So, here we are, Day 13. (The pie trade was her idea.)

Wow, tangent. My bad. Anyway - weigh ins on Saturday. So, I weighed in today and I gained 0.4lbs this week. Suck. But that's what yummy food that you don't calculate the points for before you make them and eat them. The Pioneer Woman has some delicious recipes but they aren't exactly low point foods, not that she pretends that they are low fat recipes. For the first time ever I actually ended up eating some of my activity points this week, which blows. Poor planning is not your friend when you are trying to control/lose weight.

And I would like to leave you with a thought: Not all low-fat/no-fat food sucks. Except Neufachtel Cheese. I do not like that crap.

Ok. Good night! (And by good night, I mean, I'm going to go do homework.)

No comments: