Saturday, December 4, 2010

Amazon and "The Kids Are Alright"

First, a note: shortly after I posted about the points left I needed to get my Amazon card, I got them and I was able to buy four of the books on my Wish List.  After I read one of them, I may give it away here, I don't know yet....  I'll let you know :)  I also managed to end up with the email that had the redemption code in it end up in my spam folder last week and didn't know it.  That sucked, but I got it! 

Alright: Next up, The Kids Are Alright




Two children conceived by artificial insemination bring their birth father into their family life.

**** (out of 5)

The movie was unconventional, and didn't leave the audience with warm fuzzies.  It had a very real feel to it; I enjoyed it.  The Kids Are Alright emulated the roughness and unknown of real life, something that is often missed in mainstream movies.  It gives a look into the functionality of a homosexual relationship, showing that they have the same problems as many heterosexual relationships, and some very different ones.

Worth a watch.

No comments: