Saturday, December 4, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 29: Something You Hope to Change About Yourself, Why?

I think it is too easy to say that I want to change my weight.  Soooo.......

I want to change my eating habits.  I want to eat healthier, consistently and I have problems getting all my veggies in!  I love a lot of vegetables (not broccoli or cauliflower or a few others) but I love bell peppers, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes (have you ever had pear tomatoes? OMG, they are like CANDY!) and many others.  So, liking them is not the problem.  Remembering to eat them is.  And I'd like to fix that!  But it's hard.  And salads get boring.

I'd also like to get into an exercise routine that happens at the same time every day.  But surprise! Since my schedule changes every 3-4 months, it's hard to find one time that can be consistent that isn't 4am.  I have a few friends who get up that early to work out and I hold great respect for those wonderful people, because I can not get up that early and only have four hours of sleep.  I get home too late from rehearsal to do that.  Even if I came home from rehearsal and went straight to bed (to get up at 4), I would only have, max, on the earliest night, 5.5 hours of sleep. No.  I can't not have 8 hours.  I get grouchy, and it's better for you to get 8 hours.

I also would like to not judge too quickly.  Sometimes I do, and several times I have come down on the wrong side of it.  I have already started working on this, and I think it's going well so far.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with myself, and the person I have worked so hard to become.

No comments: