Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whew, that was close!

Last Friday was my baby brother's 17th birthday.  It makes me feel so old. 

But a family tradition for birthdays for us is this wonderful concoction that is known as Dirt Cake. Dirt Cake is crushed oreos, cool whip, cream cheese and some other stuff like butter and powdered sugar which makes it a very rich dessert that is yummy, sweet and not kind to the waist line.  Each recipe makes a 9x13 pan of yum that is 5 points plus per serving for a half cup (I think it's a half cup, might be per quarter cup).

So while we were at my parents' I was very careful to count every tiny bit that went down my gullet, because it is very easy to get out of control where Dirt is concerned.

I tracked everything and it went great.  Then Sunday came and I woke up sick.  And I became a slacker.

It is not an excuse, but I stopped tracking Sunday and didn't track my activity, food, nothing. Of course, the only activity I got this week was the 5K on Sunday, since I can barely walk on my right foot.

I was very incredibly nervous this morning, and I was dreading stepping on the scale.  But apparently being sick takes a lot of work and my non-tracking didn't take as terrible a toll as I thought.  I still thankfully lost 0.8 lbs this week.  Whew.

Now I have to ask you wonderful people a question.  If you are a Weight Watchers meeting member, did you have to do anything special when you changed your weigh in day?  I need to change from Thursday to Saturday.  Today was my last Thursday meeting.  Even though I love my meeting leader, Amy, I need to switch to Saturday so I can work more.  So I'm changing.  I hope to eventually get to switch back, because Amy is amazing.

How was your week, peeps?

P.S. I think I broke my foot, but I'm afraid to go to the Dr. and have that confirmed.  Argh.

No comments: