Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Day of Truth - What Did You Eat Today? Day 7

And so the week comes to a close and today was the day of truth.  Did my super-OCD tracking do the trick?  Did I eat too many carbs?

I lost 3 lbs when I weighed in this morning.  THREE WHOLE POUNDS! YES!  So to answer my questions, yes, super-OCD tracking worked.  And no, it appears that if I don't eat the extra weekly points, that I can eat as many carbs as I did this week and still lose.  Of course, I still made sure to exercise and get the Good Health Guidelines checked off (except the oils, I just can't seem to get those oils in. And I can't seem to mix them with anything that hides the taste of the oil enough that I don't want to hurl.)

GAH! I am so exited! As it stands, if I lose 2.6 lbs this week, I will have lost 10 pounds.  Of course, that just motivates me even more! In part because of this success, and in part of my OCD crazy, I have set two new goals for my weight-loss progress.  And they are thus:

1. Be at goal by my birthday (29 May 2012)

To do that I have to lose 61.2 lbs.  Which leads to my next goal:

2. Losing 30.7 lbs by 1 January 2012.

This seems to be a good mile marker to mark my progress by.  I have 38 weeks to accomplish this goal because my birthday is on a Tuesday, two days before the end of week 39, I can't count week 39, but all days leading up to my birthday count.  It would mean that I have to lose about 1.6 lbs per week.  I think this is one of the first times I have set an actual, realizable goal for my weight loss. Wow.  Look at me, I'm all grown up and realistic!

Another thing that I have realized is that by posting my daily tracker here, I feel much more accountable to stay on plan than ever.  Today I was doing some baking for this weekend, and before I would eat something, I would think, "Do I want to have to put that out in cyberspace?"  It is strangely liberating to have that extra accountability.  I'm going to put some thinking in to how I'm going to continue to do that and incorporate it into the blog as well.  If I could just figure out how to make the other pages have actual posts in them, I would totally do that and just have a separate page for my daily intake.

Hmmm....

Well, anyway, here's what I ate yesterday, sorry it's so late!

Morning
3/4 cup Post Honey Bunches of Oats - 3 P+
(I got yogurt after my WW meeting, so I can have Berry-Cereal Parfaits again!)

Midday
1 Hard Roll - 4 P+
1 1/4 servings Spoke Dip - 4 P+
1 bag WW Popped Cinnamon Swirl Crisps - 2 P+
1 WW Candies - 1 P+

Evening
2 servings Onion Topped Potato Casserole - 8 P+
1/2 cup Chocolate Milk - 2 P+
1/2 cup Regular Ice Cream - 2 P+

Anytime
2 cups Carrots - 0 P+
2 cups Grapes - 0 P+
1 oz Plantars' Honey Roasted Peanuts - 4 P+
1 WW Candy - 1 P+

How about you?  How was your day? Your week?

1 comment:

Sarah @ ExPat Bride said...

3 lbs! That's incredible!!! Congrats... I would LOVE to get a number like that this week. I weigh in on Saturdays.