Saturday, October 22, 2011

Just In Case You Don't Check....

I know I was slacking the last few weeks of weigh ins, not entering them on the page, and I promise it's not because I didn't want you to know, I've just been so busy!

Ok! So, I celebrated my 16th weigh-in early, because I am not sure if I will be at full time next week or not. If I am, I won't be able to go to my normal meeting and I wanted to celebrate with all of the awesome people there!  It also means I needed to get a new weight record. And I have to decide what to do with the old one. For now, it will live next to the new one in my pocket guide!  I am right on to celebrate my 16 weeks, if I hadn't missed that meeting while we were on vacation :(.


I am four pounds away from my 10% goal!  For those of you who aren't a part of Weight Watchers, when I hit my 10%, I get a key ring to put my Stay and Succeed charm (above) on and my 5K charm from this summer.


It's kind of lame that they don't try and get the chain ring to you first.  I'm trying so hard to not lose these by keeping them in the back pocket of my pocket guide, but I'm still afraid I'm going to lose them!  (Especially since we are moving)

I also re-measured myself tonight for the first time since the beginning of July. Wow!  I have lost an inch to an inch and a half EVERYWHERE! Lost an inch around my thighs, waist, hips and bust and an inch and a half around my upper arms.  I need to remember to take these more often, it's super awesome.  I know it won't always be that dramatic, if I do it once a month instead of once every three, but wow!

I am not paid by Weight Watchers at all, in fact, I pay them for the monthly pass.  But I do not regret it at all.  Even if I didn't receive neat (non-food!) rewards for my weight loss progress, the support there is wonderful.  The Facebook page is a great place to go if you have questions, your meeting leader is a wealth of information - as are the receptionists.  All employees at Weight Watchers have lost weight on Weight Watchers and are at their goal.  They live the plan every day, just like us.

I am really sad that soon I am not going to be able to attend my regular Thursday meeting.  The people are so wonderful and my meeting leader, Amy, is fantastic.  This is part of the reason why I celebrated 16 weeks early.  On the upside, Amy does do a meeting on Thursdays during lunch in my building at work, which, if they switch to the monthly pass, I will be more than happy to switch to!  Otherwise, I will probably be attending Saturday mornings.

If you found this post, doing research on Weight Watchers, do it.  I have had wonderful success and learned so much about my eating habits.  If you're looking for fast loss, like 50 pounds in a month, don't go into Weight Watchers expecting that - you'll only be disappointed.  The program only tells you to expect between .5-2lbs lost per week.  Sometimes it's less, sometimes more.  But, if it's slow to come off, the more likely it is to stay off.  It's a lifestyle change.  You have to want to make that change.

And it is so worth it!


No comments: